One of the most beautiful nkwekọrịta my culture and my religion nwe bụ ihe ụka kpọrọ "mmekọrịta ndị dị ndụ na ndị nwụrụ anwụ". Ụka na omenala Igbo believu na mmadụ nwugodi, na enwe somewhere mkpụrụ obi ya na-aga adị ndụ ebeebe. Ọ maka this somewhere, and this ndụ ebeebe a ka ụka ji enwe all souls day, na-echi saints. Ọ kwụ maka this somewhere, and this ndụ ebeebe a ka omenala ji awụ mmanya n'ala ma na-agọrọ ndị our forefathers nwugoro teytey na enwe ọgbakọ.
 
Nkwekọrịta a bụ ihe ga a inspire my behaviour for this ọnwa ọfuru October a a banyere. In twenty days time, ọ ga-abu a full year the most hideous act of violence, betrayal and ụchụ known to man in recent times and that I have seen in my over two decades of ịdị ndụ. The shameful evil that is a government and her armed forces igbagbu their youth na-efe flag, na-agụ national anthem ala nna ha! Ọ nsọ! Ọ arụ! I will never forget it. Ha gburu ọchụ! And in these twenty days, like someone na-eme novena, I'll prepare myself solemnly to remember ndụ ndị ha gbufuru ka ị dị.
 
Considering past failures and unfulfilled election promises, October adiburo mbụ dịrị spectacular. Mana Buhari bụ onye isi ndị army, na enye the last command ịnọ n'oche as grand commander of the armed forces anaa ndụ our country's youths n'iyi jidere anything fọrọ na the month, nyatọsịsia with ọbara innocent young people for life.
 
What they have done may never be fixed or fixable, but we will remember. Muwa in particular, ga ebido na 1st October a memorialise ba ndụ ndị e gbufuru na lekki tollgate n'aka ndị army federal republic of Nigeria.

Comments

  1. Should I copy the entire piece and seek help from Google translate? Decisions, decisions.

    The little I understood, I find very interesting. But of course, you're a spectacular writer. The art itself, although presented in a language I can only comprehend in bit, is not lost on me.

    Well done, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, you're too kind.
      With regards to the translation, I'm certain Google translate will mess it up but you can try. I'll like to see what they give you as translation though. It should give a good laugh and help me make up my mind about translating this.

      Delete
  2. ihe nke a di very profound. Ka m were ya post o everywhere maka na this story most be told.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts