we can't predict life or writing

I could make this post about writing, but I could also make it about life. Calm down, ọ gaghị abụ One of those aspire to perspire ifedi, no. This is just me saying what is on my mind by 2:03 a.m. (time of the writing of this piece).

Consider this, enweghi anyone forcing me to keep this blog going. Onweghi onye m ji ụgwọ did I or did I not post. I write because I enjoy to share my thoughts na Engli-Igbo and I hope that you would read and share this love and enjoyment with me, dasọl. Yet here I am, two hours past midnight wondering 'kedụ ihe m ga-epost na this blog?'
The truth bụ na mgbe m bidoro this blog I though na ọ ga-abụ easypeasy. "Aftrọl ọ Engli-Igbo, I can never run out of Engli-Igbo contents". Now look at it all, otu awụna ezi. 

I had planned na I will have a certain kind of order, maybe Monday m kọọ maka ego, Tuesday, m kọọ maka ihe ụtụ m adịghị na ya. Wednesday m kọọ mental health. Thursday anyị a gaa back in time, Friday nwe ike ịbụ akụkọ ifo, Saturday m kọọ maka nke ụtụ m dị na ya, then Sunday anyị e mee Abụ Ọma Na Azịza but nee nụ mụ na okporo korota. 

Don't get me wrong, that would have been easier, mana it would not have been true. Ọ ka ịdị mechanical. And mechanical will mean that 'mistakenly' abandoning this forever will be easy.

Ọ dị easy to imagine order, to plan and say na "m ga eme nke a, mee nke a", but order na plans adịghị awork out in a straight file all the time. Anyị decidigodi to force it to work out, we risk losing that oomph that makes it all worth it. Ọ the case with writing and with life. Anyị nwe ike planụọ to write this or that. To write it like this or like that, to live like this or like that mana ha ncha bụ 'man propose'. Ụwa dị ọkpụ. Ọ karịrị Our petty plannings and plottings. 

So I will say plan, mana rapu room for adjustments. Mara na things ga-échange along the way. Mara na aga enwe ihe ga-akari gị aka, nwee ihe ndị ga-eje differently from plans. Mana that still doesn't mean na ihe ka mma can't still come out of it all na ị jiri nwayọ trustụọ the creative process. 

Our lives dị similar to creativity and writing in particular in that na anyị a marọ the path it will really take. It is therefore only right na anyị enyena onwe anyị ọbara mgbali elu. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts