Nkwụsị Nke Itoolu

Nkwụsị Nke Itoolu

Nwa mmadụ adaa mgboro atọ… 

I find it fitting in a lot of ways that the analogy I return to you with after my haitus from not posting here, in addition to ihe niile anya m fụgoro in the last two years, bụ a part of the stations of the cross, ụzọ nke obe. Onye ọ bụla ma the stations of the cross ma maka its significance when talking about falling and rising and when talking about afụfụ — especially the kind of afụfụ that leads to some kind of salvation. Mana beyond this deep aspect of what it implies, there are other aspects of this that makes it so fitting for this moment also. 
One of these ways m na-ekwu maka ya bụ the load of nostalgia stations of the cross in Igbo carries for most people na-agụ this blog. It takes us back to our childhood, to the simpler days, to the East, to a point when the world was sepia-toned n'anya anyị and we were unable to imagine na enwe alụ dị ka APC, MTN network or house hunting in Nigeria's major cities, a time our memory na adọti aka to reach every now and then only to return the same arm holding nothing but air. Simpler times. The exact time this blog tries to place us in as we contemplate big things from today. 

Also, it is very fitting because ụzọ nke obe na oyibo will always start most stations with the phrase “let us consider…” and that is what I want us to do as I point out the last part of the stations of the cross that makes it a fitting analogy for this revival — consideration, pondering, deep thought. 

This last part mere stations of the cross, ụzọ nke obe, a fitting analogy for this revival si from nkwụsị nke itoolu. The particular station I'm picking out bụ mgbe Jeso dara nke atọ. 

While I will not go off on you, bido gwawa gi that na going by Bible era parlance, na ịtọ, in most cases, signifyiri the superlative or something done to the highest point (like when the Bible says holy holy holy instead of “holiest”), and that na in the stations, this may mean that na Jeso dara completely or na ọ dara the highest ada ọ dagoro in the course of his trek to calvary, m ga-alike ka unu kwụsị contemplatie ada ya. Let us consider ada Jeso. Let us consider ada mụ na gị. Let us consider all the things we have started and stopped, all the things that made us stop, all the stumbling blocks anyị megoro encounter on our on passion, na njem anyi to calvary. 

The last time m posturu na this blog, I had been through it and I had assured myself that the ability to post was a sign of recovery. I also promised myself na continued posting ga-abụ part of my continued recovery journey, but I guess na this son of man dára again. That happens. 

Achọghọ m iji aka m m wee dilutue the profoundness of words like passion in this piece as it means something different in the Catholic point of view from what it could mean for me(both as a signifier of afụfụ that makes one better or as something na-enye the person obi ụtọ) but relishing simple play on words like that while pondering, contemplating and considering things from the simpler years is the reason I write this blog. I will relish on that on my own. Mana buru n'obi na ada dị normal. Even, ida ada again and again dị normal. Ọ bụrụ na Jeso Kristi dara mgboro atọ on his way to calvary, onye ka mụ na gị bụ anyị agaghị eji daa every now and then. Ihe ka mkpa bụ na anyị dachaa, we will stand up and move. 

Kedụ ebe anyị na-aga? On our passion, to calvary, from whence we shall be sampled atop the cross we have borne and survived. 

This almost sounds like preaching. Isi m na m meghee church that you won't attend?

Comments